Tuesday, July 12, 2011

1 year

Well, I made it. 1 year with no purging.  I did not think I would be able to go that long.  This is not to say that I have no struggled in the past year because I have.  Over eating is still a tough thing for me not to do.  I am an emotional eater and darnit if I'm not very emotional. However, with lots of prayers, encouragement, support, love and guidance I have made it 1 year.  I can hardly believe it.  I have been tempted in the past year to purge, but always thought of how I would feel after and I did not want to disappoint all of you who have been encouraging me this whole way. I  know I'm not out of the clear, but I feel like I am getting there.  And it's a wonderful place to be.  Recently while walking I heard this song, yes I realize it's probably geared towards teenagers, but the words struck home HARD. What an amazing song, what a great message and why can't we just all be our own 'Beautiful Me'?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzE1mX4Px0I

I am reaching a point in my life where I am ready to accept myself for who I am. I was created by 
God for a reason and who am I to tell him that he did not do a good enough job? Sure I have my imperfections (inside and out) but who doesn't?  I need to embrace those and realize that those imperfections help to make me...well ME.  I could list everything I wish I could change about myself but what good does that do? I can't change how I look ( I mean really), and honestly I don't want to.  The things I CAN change are on the inside and that is what I am working on.  So, I will continue to do so.  I want to thank you all so much for all of your support, honesty, love, acceptance and no judgement.  You all mean so much to me and I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life who care about me.  I'm about to turn 30 here in a couple weeks.  Honestly I'm a bit scared of it, but then part of me is really excited.  I have heard that turning 30 brings along feelings of self acceptance and a boost in self esteem.  I am hoping that is true for me.  I am SO ready for that.  

Here's to another year!

1 comment:

  1. congratz. i too have become a mom and am approaching 1 year purge free. some how it was the kids that were the key for me, because i didnt want to pass this body insecurity onto them.

    kudos and keep up the good work

    Love and light!

    ReplyDelete